Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: color mapping AZ math standard

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 11 2005 - 14:54:47 PST

My logic tells me to find the shape that has the
most other shapes touching it. If a shape is bordered
by five other shapes then I assume you would need
six colors. Am I wrong ?
                Woody, Retired in Albuquerque

K A wrote:
> Hello ~
> We have some new math standards in elementary school
> in Arizona that have to do with color mapping
> (completely coloring all shapes in a picture so that
> the same color doesn't touch itself, unless it's at
> the corner of a shape).

35 Quality Middle School Art Lessons
Ordering Address: PO Box 91703
Albuquerque, NM    87199-1703