Re: Using Examples in the Classroom

---------

From: Aust ArtClasses (austart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 11 2005 - 11:50:27 PST

Shayne,
I do show samples but do not always keep the samples out once
the creative work begins. Many students do not have the
background from middle school so I give them a visual. It
really is no different than looking at the textbook examples.
Sometimes(in the learning stage of the techniques) I will work
with them step by step, completing the same thing, then give the
studio test project that should show more creative skills from
the students. I do not like to see displayed work that is the
same other than a different color, what has been learned other
than the technique. Yes, that is important, but bring in some
problem for them to solve.

Jackie Brewer (Aust)
Bryan High School
Bryan Texas 77802