Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Famous sweaters from the Zlatibor region of Serbia

From: Melissa Enderle (melissa_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 11 2005 - 11:21:46 PST

Dear all,

Thought I'd share one of the crafts that Serbia is famous for. The
mountainous region of Zlatibor is known for its hand-made 100% wool
sweaters. Typical ones like you see on this webpage are brightly colored and contain village scenes
or plant motifs. Today one of the women from the village came to school with
some sweaters and had them on a table in the lobby right in front of the
computer lab. I was "obliged" to take a look and one in particular called my
name. It is natural wool-colored background with a simple village scene and
a cute hood. A very warm and unique item that will be a great momento of

From Melissa in Belgrade, where the sun finally came out today to hopefully
begin to melt the ice and snow