Famous sweaters from the Zlatibor region of Serbia

---------

From: Melissa Enderle (melissa_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 11 2005 - 11:21:46 PST

Dear all,

Thought I'd share one of the crafts that Serbia is famous for. The
mountainous region of Zlatibor is known for its hand-made 100% wool
sweaters. Typical ones like you see on this webpage
http://www.handmade.co.yu/ are brightly colored and contain village scenes
or plant motifs. Today one of the women from the village came to school with
some sweaters and had them on a table in the lobby right in front of the
computer lab. I was "obliged" to take a look and one in particular called my
name. It is natural wool-colored background with a simple village scene and
a cute hood. A very warm and unique item that will be a great momento of
Serbia.

From Melissa in Belgrade, where the sun finally came out today to hopefully
begin to melt the ice and snow

---