Re: Using Examples in the Classroom

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 11 2005 - 10:21:20 PST

Hello Shayne,

My students were like yours -- they needed to be jump
started. I did show examples of master works -
contemporary artists - my own example - etc....and my
students really took off with ideas of their own from
that. Copying was never permitted.

I believe Marvin calls it "image flooding" (smile)....
I personally am inspired by ideas I see....so I guess
I taught that way, too. I continue to "flood" the list
with images I see online that can inspire a lesson.

As you will see...there is mixed opinion on this. We
all find our best way to approach this. I guess I am a
die hard DBAE-er....who has also grasped onto TAB
Choice.

Regards,

Judy Decker