Re: artistic integrity for teachers

---------

From: Betty Bowen (bbowen_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 11 2005 - 06:21:08 PST

One year there was a graphic arts poster- big sunflowers, big red
checkerboard border-type thing - that was popular around here, in posters
and greeting cards. A total copy of the poster - same size even - won a big
prize. Like the local judges had never been in a gift shop/frame shop/hobby
lobby in the past three years.

 But, you know what? I attend
> Scholastic Arts each year and I always find at least 2 or 3 works that
were
> done straight out of a magazine. I guess the judges aren't always too
> swift.

---