re: artistic integrity of teachers

---------

From: KATHY TROTT (KATHY_TROTT_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 11 2005 - 05:04:11 PST

What scientist said: " If I have achieved greatness, it was because I
have stood on the shoulders of giants"? The improvement of mankind is
based upon building on the learning of others before you. Why would art
be any different?
Thanks..
Kathy

>>> gpercy@madison.k12.wi.us 03/10/05 08:42AM >>>
Greetings-

        My 2 cents - In the district where I work the art teachers have

adopted a policy trying to avoid entering student artwork in
"competitions" (poster contests etc...)
It alleviates a lot of the "who is better than who" stuff that we don't

really need or have time to worry about...As for the drop-in idea
stealing art teacher, that's just plain weird. Then again
in the scope of all teachers, art teachers tend to be on the weirder
end of things. Although I enjoy coming up with my own ideas, I am
certainly not above using others ideas and adapting them to my
curriculum. I coached Jr. High basketball for many years and spent lots

of time roaming hall of other schools during away games-I got lots of
ideas that way. The incredible art dept website has also been a
wonderful resource...

Thanks,

Greg Percy
Get my CDs