Re: Job resignation: Whats next?

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 09 2005 - 16:20:29 PST

Cathy,

Two years ago I gave notice at a job I absolutely loved. I was saddened
to leave but knew it was the right thing to do. I still talk
incessantly about that job to my current colleagues. It was pure
serendipity that I found the job I currently have (MS), but, I've come
to the conclusion I'm not cut out for this age group and gave notice today.

I'm faced with the same challenges you have now. Instead of being
scary, I see it as an opportunity. I know I love teaching, especially
art, but after 21 years I'm tired of school stuff always hanging over my
head 24/7. My head is also spinning with all the possibilities out
there. Yeah, yeah, I still have to plan ahead somewhat, but for now I'm
keeping all options open. I may even sub just for the money--although I
know I'd be a good sub--so I can earn some income and spend time on my
own art, something I haven't done in years.

I guess my advice is...don't leap into something just for the sake of
it. I'm a firm believer that the right thing will happen, just when you
least expect it. You seem to have a lot of good ideas--heehee, many of
the ones I've thought of, too--just stay open to anything.

Maggie

Cathy Gaul wrote:

<snip>
> That being said, I have given my notice at my job. I will finish out the
> year and then I am done at the place that was 'home' for so long.
<snip>
> I am feeling pretty overwhelmed at this point and ready for a new
> adventure, but I am spinning my wheels. Anybody have any
> advice/recommendations?
> Some thoughts:
> -Subbing
> -Teaching homeschool kids