Re: Screamers

---------

From: The Hammond Family (bhammond_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 10 2005 - 16:22:22 PST

I just finished screamers (we called them monsters) with my Crafts class - HS
We used white coat hangers for armature - LOTS of coat hangers. Stuffed or padded these with LOTS of newspaper, wrapped these forms with LOTS of masking tape, then papier mache. We had a lot od Elmer's glue leftover so I diluted it instead of paste. We also had a bunch of liquid adhesive donated so I diluted that too and it worked well.
I had students use 2-3 layers of papier mache, then a final layer of brown craft paper or brown paper grocery bags.
Then painted.
The students worked in small groups (2-3) and were very imaginative. We have Kermit the Frog (a monster?), an angry rabbit (?), Frankenstein, a monster kitten and a 3 headed monster holding a football!
Belinda in Greensboro