Re: artistic integrity for teachers

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 10 2005 - 07:34:26 PST

> as teachers we are role models to our
> students of integrity. They are simply bad teachers.
> and I hope they read this site!

I doubt the poor teachers are bothering to follow this list.
We all steal/borrow ideas from everywhere, even when we
are not really aware of where an idea/lesson originated.
We also openly share through workshops, inservices, handouts,
"CD's", private conversations, etc. What we hope others do
is to 1. understand the concepts underlying a lesson
2. work it through on their own with materials and tools
their students will use 3. adapt it and make it their own
not simply try to do it your way. Most of the ideas I have
were, I'm sure at least in part, taken from somewhere else,
I doubt I could recall from where. The important thing is to
keep sharing, be open, and try to teach others how to steal
creatively.
                Woody, Retired in Albuquerque

--
35 Quality Middle School Art Lessons