re: artistic integrity of teachers

---------

From: Greg Percy (gpercy_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 10 2005 - 05:42:37 PST

Greetings-

        My 2 cents - In the district where I work the art teachers have
adopted a policy trying to avoid entering student artwork in
"competitions" (poster contests etc...)
It alleviates a lot of the "who is better than who" stuff that we don't
really need or have time to worry about...As for the drop-in idea
stealing art teacher, that's just plain weird. Then again
in the scope of all teachers, art teachers tend to be on the weirder
end of things. Although I enjoy coming up with my own ideas, I am
certainly not above using others ideas and adapting them to my
curriculum. I coached Jr. High basketball for many years and spent lots
of time roaming hall of other schools during away games-I got lots of
ideas that way. The incredible art dept website has also been a
wonderful resource...

Thanks,

Greg Percy
Get my CDs