RE: artistic integrity of teachers

---------

From: Hillmer, Jan (HillmJan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 10 2005 - 05:13:57 PST

Randy,

WOW. (My jaw also comes off the floor.) Sounds like a very strange
behavior going on. Does this happen every lesson? Does she have some
sort of curriculum to follow or do both of you teach the same level
classes (just different kids)? Sounds maybe like she's very insecure...
scared by the independent teaching that you do. Are you expected to
work as a team?

Just trying to get a clearer picture.

Jan

Randy,
    I'm still trying to picture my own reaction to a teacher I worked
with who barged into my room and transported my students' projects
superfically into her own classroom the next day. I mean, what is that
old quote, "copying is the most sincere form of flattery???" Somehow I
would have to pick my jaw up off of the floor and ask her why she does
this. Does she need resources to help her come up with new ideas????
I love sharing, but this is beyond sharing. It's weird! How about
turning her on to Judy's list of teacher websites??? Get her to imitate
someone other than her next door neighbor on the very next day??? How
bizarre!

Linda Woods

---