Re: artistic integrity of teachers

---------

From: Aust ArtClasses (austart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 10 2005 - 05:04:53 PST

Nancy,

Each night that you lay down and close your eyes, think of the
process your students are going through to solve the problems
you direct their way. I call it the HOTS (Higher order thinking
skills). I do find that student at first do not adjust well to
you answering them by questioning them but as the year passes,
they are doing their own thinking. It is hard for them but in
the long run, when that machine the photo guy is using breaks,
is not available, etc. - then your students will be ahead
because they can use their own head. Machines are an added
media (like the software on computers) but unless a student can
adjust to other ways of solving the same problem, it is just a
machine, not media. I hope this makes sense. Stand firm in
your ways of working with students, I believe what you are doing
is what benefits the students most.

Jackie Brewer (Aust)
Bryan High School
Bryan Texas 77802