Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Pinwheels for Peace - Pass it on

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Mar 08 2005 - 17:33:43 PST

Greetings Art Educators,

Ellen McMillan & Ann Ayers have started Pinwheels for
Installation project for September 21, 2005.

Lets get art teachers all around the world working
towards a display of PEACE for September 21 2005.
Plant pinwheels all around your community. You can
make them the size of the template on Ann's site - or
make them bigger.
You can decorate them with any kind of media - paint -
collage - colored pencils - whatever - then write your
words for peace on the inside. Mount on dowel for
larger ones....You can use pencils with erasers for
smaller ones.

Randy posted this to Getty list in her summary of
Ann's NAEA presentation.

I will be linking this up on my art for Peace page.
and will put an announcement on Art News.

Judy Decker

Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Resources

Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!