RE: Missing Lesson Plan

---------

From: Ken Schwab (bicyclken_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Mar 08 2005 - 15:30:54 PST

Ah, that must be it. I was obviously impressed with the image. Your students do such incredible work! The lesson plan I was attempting with my students took a change. They were just not getting what I was trying to guide them toward. So…we are taking a single image that has strong contrasts, slicing it into one inch strips and flipping alternating strips. Then they will take a copy of the original image and either reduce it, or crop it and place it within a frame to create 1) emphasis and 2) balance. They will transfer this new image onto illustration board to paint the background in grayscale and the framed image in monochromatic harmony. It seems to be working better already. Will let you know.
I would love to see the finished product, sounds interesting.

Ken Schwab
bicyclken@earthlink.net
EarthLink Revolves Around You.

---