Re: National Boards - Are you ready?

---------

From: Elizabeth Heisey (eheisey_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Mar 08 2005 - 06:10:58 PST

It is much more practical. The standard is set and you prove that you
meet it, literally. My masters was more about why the standards are; NB
was about meeting the standard. I had a lot of work to do to get myself
to the standard, but boy what a payoff in student achievement as well
as pride in what I am really doing for my students.
Beth NB'03

On Mar 8, 2005, at 8:42 AM, Diane Davis wrote:

> Can anyone tell me what is the advantage of this, in comparison to
> perhaps another masters?
> Both take time and money....
> Both require reflection....and hopefully, make you a better teacher.
> diane
>
> ---
> leave-artsednet-20361K@lists.getty.edu

---