RE: National Boards - Are you ready?

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ESears_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Mar 08 2005 - 06:01:58 PST

Diane -
the state of Kentucky gave me a Rank I (pay increase - worth 30 hours
credit) for my first certification. I also get $2000 more a year for
certification. Many districts reward teachers in addition to state money.
Funds were also available to help pay for the process ($2300 compared to
graduate fees).

Many states accept NBC as a reciprocal certification - so if you move it may
come in handy.

My husband and I both have it - so it is an additional $4000 a year - my
sister-in-law and her husband have theirs and they bring home an extra
$25,000 a year (South Carolina) - so it depends on where you are for the
benefits.

Getting my masters was nothing like going through the process - two entirely
different animals - the certification process was made for me - analysis and
reflection were so valuable.

I have two certifications, and would do it again.

Ellen