Re: Museum Web sites - all linked on IAD

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 07 2005 - 16:15:45 PST

Greetings ArtsEDNetters,

Thanks for sharing Randy.

All of these museum sites are linked on this page -
including the activities/resources Randy mentioned.
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/museum2.htm

Bernie Dodge's Web Quest site is linked on:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/informat.htm
There are many WebQuests for visual art.
http://www.webquest.org/

Judy Decker

> She talked about three sites
> National Gallery of Art site www.nga.gov
> the kids area has some question strategies in them
> they ultimately still
> have right or wrong answer but is moving more
> towards a query approach.
> National Museum of the American Indian
> www.nmai.si.edu
> -presents stories from an American point of view
> -has downloadable files on a variety of things
> including a different slant
> on thanksgiving
> Whitney Museum www.whitney.org
> -has a nice web quest on Jacob Lawrence
> She defined web quest invented by Bernie Dodge
> -is a query oriented activities has 6 steps
> Intro task Information source process
> guidance conclusion
> -they can be a group activity

Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!