RE: Missing Lesson Plan

---------

From: Ken Schwab (bicyclken_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 07 2005 - 06:37:10 PST

That could have been mine. I just finished that assignment last week and I will be posting the results shortly. I did it in Art 1 with tempera paint. Multiple contour studies on newsprint of music instruments, guitars violin, trumpets horns etc. and even bicycle parts and views from areas of the bike. the different sketches are used with tracing paper to overlap each other producing an abstraction. A value scale is introduced and the kids make a monochromatic or black and white scale. They transfer the composition onto a thin white railroad board and paint with the different values to produce a directional movement and balance of values. They seemed to like it. You can see last years work on my website and I will be having this years work up soon. Go to www.room3art.com click on 2003/4, art 1, value abstracts, and press go.

Ken Schwab
bicyclken@earthlink.net

---