Scratch Art Name Design (elementary)

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 06 2005 - 09:28:46 PST

Dear Elementary Art Teachers,

Here is an easy lesson idea for pattern, line, color,
shape, Positive/nagative space....

Scroll down to Scratch Art Names:
http://mvbt.k12.mo.us/BTE/BTEART/art5-6.html

This project is very easy to do....

Draw name on tagboard - outline with black permanent
marker - Break up negative space with black marker.
Color heavily with crayons. Paint with black
tempera(with a touch of dish washing liguid added.
India ink could also be used). Let dry. Scratch off
paint creating a variety of patterns. Each shape can
have a different pattern. Lesson can be learning warm
and cool colors (contrasting name with negative
space).

Birch Tree Elementary site has a lot of easy ideas to
teach P's and E's.
http://mvbt.k12.mo.us/BTE/BTEART/artbte.html
There doesn't seem to me much Art Appreciation/Art
History. I have added a link to their site from Art
Departments on IAD. (Elementary Depts - Missouri)

Regards,

Judy Decker

Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/