Michael Snow - Mixed Media - Figure study lesson idea

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 05 2005 - 09:32:17 PST

Greetings Art Educators,

Here is an idea for a figure study - showing
repetition - movement.
Venus Simultaneous by Michael Snow - Canadian artist:
http://www.ago.net/info/collection/work.cfm?work_id=20
Students could do cut paper - or painting - with one
figure added out in relief for emphasis/center of
interest.

I found this by looking up his Mixed Feelings that is
listed in Art Image Publications (no 4.25)

This uses the same figure as in Mixed Feelings. He has
several works using this same figure. A section of
Mixed Feelings is shown here:
http://www.fondation-langlois.org/html/e/page.php?NumPage=94

More on Snow:
http://www.artcyclopedia.com/artists/snow_michael.html

I will be adding this information to my figure cut
paper design lesson.
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/Lessons/7-desles.htm

Regards,

Judy Decker