Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Michael Snow - Mixed Media - Figure study lesson idea

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 05 2005 - 09:32:17 PST

Greetings Art Educators,

Here is an idea for a figure study - showing
repetition - movement.
Venus Simultaneous by Michael Snow - Canadian artist:
Students could do cut paper - or painting - with one
figure added out in relief for emphasis/center of

I found this by looking up his Mixed Feelings that is
listed in Art Image Publications (no 4.25)

This uses the same figure as in Mixed Feelings. He has
several works using this same figure. A section of
Mixed Feelings is shown here:

More on Snow:

I will be adding this information to my figure cut
paper design lesson.

Judy Decker

Do You Yahoo!?