Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

K-8 Art in a WOW school

From: Sara (sarawren_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 04 2005 - 12:41:50 PST

I really like Professor Mavin Bartel's theory on teaching Art.

". . . 100 percent of Honeyville third-graders scored above the state standard in last fall's Indiana Statewide Testing for Educational Progress."

For comparison, "54 percent of the schools third graders (in the Goshen Community Schools) passed the Indiana Statewide Testing for Educational Progress. . . . 46 percent require remediation . . .Goshen third graders did a nice job, scoring above average" This is a quote from The Goshen News (Goshen Indiana) page 1, January 25, 2000, in an article entitled, "Goshen ISTEP results presented".
It should be noted that the Goshen Community Schools serve a much more diverse and somewhat more transient population than the Honeyville school does.

 The Goshen News (Goshen Indiana) page 1, January 14, 2000, in an article entitled, "Honeyville third-graders tops in ISTEP performance" reported by Ann M. Graber, Goshen News Regional Editor.

Check out these

Motivating Non Drawing students

Teaching Creativity

art lessons

learning how to draw

scroll down to see

Learning to Learn to Draw
Lesson Planning 2002 UPDATE
Lesson Idea Development 2002 UPDATE
Montage Lesson 2002 UPDATE
Creatively Teaching Multicultural Art
Creatively Teaching Multicultural Art at iteach
Observing in the Art Room 2002 UPDATE
Percy Principles of Composition NEW IN 2002
Preschool Art
Rituals in the Art Classroom a Favorite Essay
Rituals - a list of ideas
Rubric - Assessing Artwork for printing
Rubric - Assessing Art Talk for printing
Sixth Grade Sketches
Sketchbook Evaluation
Sources of Inspiration
Successful Third Grade