RE: scholastic fees

---------

From: Fields, Linda (fieldsl_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 04 2005 - 08:38:14 PST

Maybe I didn't make myself clear-I didn't mean simply stop-I meant stop, BUT do all the other advocacy things you mentioned. Unfortunately, people often do not value what they don't pay for. I have had students tell me that I am stupid for buying things for them to use because I wanted them to experience good materials. I believe that if we do stop doing these things, it should be done with an explanation as to why we are stopping. I'm not talking quitting-I'm talking changing our approach. It will be interesting to see what happens with the California teachers who are refusing to grade papers, etc. Linda