Resource for photographs - site

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 04 2005 - 06:41:01 PST

Greetings Art Educators,

I found some very interesting photographs of African
Americans from the 1930's on this site. I didn't try
the search feature.

14. The Doris Ulmann Photograph Collection
http://libweb.uoregon.edu/catdept/digcol/ulmann/index.html

Born in New York City in 1882, Doris Ulmann was a
graduate of the school of the Ethical Culture Society,
a socially liberal organization that was know
for championing individual worth regardless of ethnic
background or economic condition. Over her life,
Ulmann documented the rural people of the American
South and also created a series of prominent
intellectuals of the day, including John Dewey and
Lewis Mumford. Recently, the University of Oregon
Libraries created this fine digital collection that
provides access to 1,800 of approximately 12,000
images from the Ulman Photograph Collection.
Visitors to the site can browse the collection or
perform advanced searches utilizing such fields as
title, description, and photo date.

From Scout Report
>From The Scout Report, Copyright Internet Scout
Project 1994-2005.
http://scout.wisc.edu/

I will be adding this resource to my Photography Links
page.

Judy Decker

Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/