RE: Scholastic's new cost for entries

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ESears_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 04 2005 - 05:00:20 PST

I had no idea that the cost wasn't covered by school districts -
The number of students that came to the awards ceremony in NYC last June was
unbelievable - Carnegie Hall was filled - medals ($40 replacement),
certificates, mailings etc... I can't imagine how much the entire process
costs. What a huge undertaking for Scholastic - but the kids were treated
like gold in NYC - I know it was a great experience for our son - and a
wonderful tradition.

What do bands do to pay fees to compete? I know the sports my kids have been
involved in all had fund raisers to pay for uniforms, travel etc... just a
fact of life in schools.

Ellen

---