Re: Scholastic's new cost for entries

---------

From: Maggie Tucker (arttucker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 04 2005 - 03:28:15 PST

>Many years I paid out of pocket, sometimes I got the principal
>to reimburse me. You should also consider
>some sort of fund raising for future needs. Part of being a
>teacher is digging into our own pockets to keep a quality program going.

Woody:
I appreciate your sentiments, but what if the administrators are just
barely funding Lydia's position?
What if she's NOT married to an "understanding" spouse? What if she
already is fund-raising for supplies, for equipment? We do teach to live,
ourselves.
I give a lot for what I do, but I refuse to enable further a fairly
co-dependent situation, which is how I view
this profession can be if I let it. I refuse to accept an attitude of
benevolent martyrdom, because there is no end to that.
Maggie in Tennessee
Maggie Tucker

arttucker@earthlink.net

---