Re: Scholastic's new cost for entries

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 02 2005 - 10:30:07 PST

Joe,
        I was on the Scholastic Arts board in Kansas City before
I moved to New Mexico. At that time we charged $2 per entry (limit
20 per teacher) and $10 per portfolio. I understand that National
Scholastic Arts has really pushed what they charge the regions.
That is probably what is driving the regions to increase fees.
I too think it is a shame. I'm a fan of Scholastics in helping
drive quality programs. I think the only solution is to find
local sponsors to fund the programs.
                        Woody. Retired in Albuquerque

--
35 Quality Middle School Art Lessons