Re: New Orleans

---------

From: Holmgren (holmgren_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 02 2005 - 07:17:27 PST

ditto to all of these. Also--there are lots of antique stores right in the French Quarter--especially along Royal Street. Don't forget Pat O'Brien's for a famous Hurricane. If you like jazz--don't miss Preservation Hall, quite an experience. There is another place on Bourbon Street--I forget the name, now, the name sounded kind of Irish or British--anyway, they have great jazz; also if you like improv. type jazz try the Funky Butt--a little place on the edge of the quarter. And--just sitting in one of the outdoor restaurants in the French Market, there are always groups playing. I agree--I LOVE New Orleans, as well--have fun!!

Commander's Palace and Arnaud's are excellent, also Emerils--we liked his second place--I think its called Delmonico's--better than the original one. They are pricey, though.

Mary H.

  Oooh! I am jealous! I love N'Awlins!
  Here's what I loved about NOLA...
  *Bourbon Street (fun, fun, fun) especially Bourbon Street Blues Company
  *
  If you plan to eat at one of Emeril Lagasse's restaurant you should make reservations now. (yeah, it sounds crazy but is true)
  Foe fine dining, Arnaud's and Commander's Palace re supposed to be excellent.(I didn't eat here though)
   Also, because of the water table level being so high, New Orleans have above ground cemeteries (cities of the dead) which you can visit (they actually have tours) and planatation/swamp tours. We didn't have enough time to venture out of New Orleans. there is soooo much to see.
  You will have a blast! Have fun!

---