Block Schedule

---------

From: Peggy Wilson (pwilson1_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 31 2004 - 12:57:24 PST

My schedule is as follows:

7:30 - 8:15 Block 1 - Unified Arts Team Time
8:15 - 9:00 Block 2 - Grade 7
9:00 - 9:45 Block 3 - Grade 6
9:45 - 10:30 Block 4 - Grade 6
10:30 - 11:00 Gr. 8 Lunch, Gr. 7 Advisory
11:00 - 11:30 Gr. 8 Advisory, Gr. 7 Lunch
10:30 - 12:30 Block 5 Grade 7 (my prep)
12:30 - 1:15 Block 6 Grade 8
1:15 - 2:00 Block 7 - Grade 8

Every teacher in our building teaches 5 blocks, has 1 block for grade level
team time & 1 for Prep. The Unified Arts classes are on a Day1/Day 2
schedule, so no one misses a class due to a holiday or snow day. We switched
to an alternate day schedule when the student population grew, but staffing
didn't. This allows for decent sized classes. It varies as to whether a
class is on quarters, trimesters, semester, or yearly basis.
Band & chorus meet daily during Advisory time.
Hope this helps.
Peggy

---