RE: Sign Language and Art Colors

---------

From: Hillmer, Jan (hillmjan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 31 2004 - 11:03:47 PST

 Try this site on Americal Sign Language http://www.aslinfo.com/ . Maybe they'll be able to help.
Jan

-----Original Message-----
From: MissCaiola@aol.com [mailto:MissCaiola@aol.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2004 7:08 PM
To: ArtsEdNet Talk
Subject: Sign Language and Art Colors

Greetings fellow Art Educators:

I have a question about working with special needs students, specifically hearing impared students. I have had some of my hearing impared students ask how they should sign some colors from the Crayola box of 96 colors. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions of where I might find some help on this? I have already contacted Crayola directly (via email) and am awaiting their response. I was curious if anyone else out there has had this same issue? Any ideas?

I know how to sign the basics: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, brown, black, white, gray and pink. How do I sign Purple Mountain's Majesty, Magenta, Scarlet, etc? With all of these creative color names, besides spelling them, shouldn't there be a way to sign them?

Patti in Ohio
MissCaiola@aol.com
---
leave-artsednet-20359V@lists.getty.edu