Re: Alternate project as a consequence for misbehavior

---------

From: Betty Bowen (bbowen_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 31 2004 - 05:58:36 PST

So far, I haven't found anything that lasts. I just get good lip service
from mom/s, not that most of them live with their moms, it's usually
grandparents, "we're trying", "if he (doesn't) work we'll whip his...",
no change. The kids tell me their parents are only mad about the F's on the
"grades that count", as in grades that count torward retention.

Yeah, the principal knows. Principal laughed. I'm serious. "Boy, how bad is
it to flunk art? hahahahahha". He's supportive in other ways. There is "no
other place to put them that hour".

> Call mom for some reinforcement, or let them suffer the consequences of
not
> doing the assigment.

---