Re: scheduling

---------

From: Sharon Henneborn (heneborn_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Mar 30 2004 - 21:18:00 PST

As soon as the parents get used to the schedule it is great. Sometimes
the kids are confused by holidays but they get it soon enough. It is
best when the schedule is set from the beginning and printed on the
school calendar for parents, students and teachers. Some
administrators who did not understand the concept have tried to count
snow days as holidays and change the calendar as the year progresses.
That is pure crazy making!

Linda,
So many advantages. You can keep your classes on relatively the same
lessons because the Friday/ Monday kids haven't missed a lot. The last
year I taught an administrator decided that we needed to go back on
MondayFriday schedule. It was difficult to schedule and the grade
levels could not be at specials at the same day at the same time. By
the end of the year the Monday/Friday classes had 1/3 fewer class
periods than the Tuesday and Wed classes and the Thursday classes had
just a few more than Monday/Friday. It was as if 2 classes out of 5
had missed more than a whole marking period. The first marking period
I had seen several classes only 3 times in an 8 week marking period.
How do you grade on 3 class periods? I went nuts on a week day
schedule!

Sharon ~ NJ

On Tuesday, March 30, 2004, at 10:44 PM, lindwood@webtv.net wrote:

> Doesn't everybody get confused with those ABCDEFG schedules? I have
> always thought I was glad that we didn't do that, but am I missing
> something?
> Linda Woods
> Visit our student's web art gallery at St.John's School
> www.sjs.org
> click on "Stories of SJS," click on "Arts Stories," click on Linda
> Woods' name. View artwork by Lower, and Middle School students as well
> as our art archives.

---