RE: Alternate project as a consequence for misbehavior

---------

From: Freeland, Sue (freelas_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Mar 30 2004 - 10:26:57 PST

I've seen this same behavior this year more than others, I even have a student who would rather write written reports than to have to use his right brain. I personally think it's a fear of failure...or maybe just class size that's too big. Each term I let them choose one project as a "Free Study" this is my way of being "equal". But I would also be interested in alternatives...

THese are usually the students who are here by default and are not really interested in "Art".
Sue