Pams speech and alternate project for 8s

---------

From: Catharine Ho (catharineho_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Mar 30 2004 - 06:15:36 PST

Many thanks for posting Pam's speech. You have helped share this wonderful
speech to all who missed it the first time. Pam, I'm printing it up and will
post it near my desk. I often get comments like - oh,marking, reports,
parent meetings... etc must be easy, you only teach art, Having taught core
in middle school I can say that it is more of a challenge( and a pleasure)
to teach art than many of the other subject areas that come with a
prepackaged curriculum. Anyway, the speech was good for my spirit and I
thank you. On another topic - alternative project- I have a few lovely grade
8's that are doing power point presentations on clay animation rather than
participating with the rest of the class. I have 3 computers in my room so l
can keep an eye on them. They all have different topics and will have to
present to the class when they are done. these darlings were messing around
with acrylic paint during our heroes unit and they had been warned about the
consequences at the beginning of every class. good luck, catharine in hong
kong

Linguaphone : Learning English? Get Japanese lessons for FREE
http://go.msnserver.com/HK/30476.asp

---