Re: Alternate project as a consequence for misbehavior

---------

From: Maggie Tucker (arttucker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Mar 30 2004 - 05:16:31 PST

>As a final project for my eigth graders we will be making plaster masks.
> My students have demonstrated some poor choices with their behavior in
the past, thus I am
>hesitant to do this project.

I don't know if your budget can "afford" this, but for personal cleaning
up, i'd suggest either baby wipes or , alternatively, spritzer bottles and
paper towels for the three.

My 8th graders are the same, and I decided over the weekend that NOT
participating in our acrylic painting, segued by the altered books for the
rest of the year, wouldn't be an option. So I re-assigned seats, and the
kids I've been having the most issues with won't be able to get up or down
without my expressed permission. The other kids at their table have to get
and clean-up after them, and I apologized to the table members for that.
The "punishment" is being treated as if the trouble-makers are so immature
(they are! they are!) that the rest of the class has to take care of them.

Hope it helps. (35 8th graders to a classroom--eeeee!)
Maggie Tucker

arttucker@earthlink.net

---