Re: Alternate project as a consequence for misbehavior

---------

From: Justin Kramer (bern30_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 28 2004 - 19:06:45 PDT

Susan,

Great suggestion but be aware of the messages that you might be sending
unintentional. i.e. art theory and art assignments art punishment. However
the idea of doing a paper version using dry media is excellent. Gives the
message that the other materials are special and limits the possibility of
further behaviourial issues that arrive with wet media if the students are
misbehaving. The designing stage I would imagine would be the same but the
work would be more paper sculpture than plaster or clay. This still allows
the students to excel.

Hope this helps

Justin

on 30/3/04 12:21 PM, Susan Holland at holland70@teachnet.edb.utexas.edu