Re: scheduling

---------

From: Sandy Bacon (sbacon_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 29 2004 - 19:14:31 PST

Jan,

We don't do this at my schools, but my friend does it at theirs. I
think it goes something like every four days they rotate. A, B, C and D
day, so if the children miss Monday and it is an "A" day because of a
holiday, then when they do get back to school, it might be a Wednesday,
but they start with the "A" group. The days are set up the same for
music, art, gym and library, all grade levels at the same time everyday.
 Hope this is understandable and not clear as mud.

Sandy

Hillmer, Jan wrote:

> Tomorrow, my school looks at our schedule again (annually). Right
> now, Art, Drama, and Music meet each once a week for each child. We
> have grade levels meeting at the same time, in order to be able to put
> all the students together for things like the Winter concert, 5th
> grade play, etc. During this time, the grade level teachers have the
> opportunity to meet together and plan for their grade level.
>
> Any ideas that might be alternate schedule ideas would be
> appreciated. I am going to repeat our Fine Arts Specials request from
> last year to move to a five day program - So we don't continually miss
> Mondays because of legal holidays.
> Jan
> ---
> leave-artsednet-20359V@lists.getty.edu