Alternate project as a consequence for misbehavior

---------

From: Karen Barhorst (kbartgen_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 29 2004 - 17:42:53 PST

As a final project for my eigth graders we will be making plaster masks.
This project has been a "tradition" in the past. My students have
demonstrated some poor choices with their behavior in the past, thus I am
hesitant to do this project. I cautioned my students that they could lose
this privlege if they misbehave. We are currently finishing up a short
project learning about values and using black pastel. I have no water in my
room and must allow students to go down the hall to the restroom to wash
their hands. Three of my lovely eiigth grade girls were having a great time
in the restroom smearing their dirty hands on each other faces.

What project relating to art could I give these girls to do in place of the
mask project? The mask project may take up to a month. My class meets for
40 minutes 2 times a week. I need something to keep them busy while the
rest of the class is working on the masks. Any suggestions? Thanks for any
help.

Karen

Get reliable access on MSN 9 Dial-up. 3 months for the price of 1!
(Limited-time offer)