Re: Elgin Marbles Controversy

---------

From: Harold Olejarz (hoart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 29 2004 - 17:17:06 PST

> ANYWAY!!  I am doing Ancient Greece with my Art I kids, (HS) and I
> want to do a sort of court case with them. I am going to give one
> group the case for the return of the marbles, and the other the case
> for keeping the marbles at the Bristish Museum.  I am going to select
> five judges that must remain impartial and at the end of the
> presentations they must select whether they stay or go.

Sounds like a great idea..... a kind of debate that could involve lots
of research and thought.

If you need pictures for evidence I was in London this past summer and
posted some pictures of the Elgin Marbles to my web site at

http://www.olejarz.com/art/london2003/index.htm

Harold

personal web site - www.olejarz.com
school web site -