RE: art honor society

---------

From: Jane (jpawlow2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 29 2004 - 15:54:18 PST

We are currently in our fourth year of having a unit of the National Art
Honor Society. We took the NAEA guidelines for eligibility as the basis for
our own guidelines but we required an 85 overall average and a 90 average in
art classes. The new applicants bring a small portfolio of their work to
their first meeting (usually 3 or 4 pieces). All prospective applicants are
reviewed by the entire art department. We have been doing a lot of community
service, primarily in the school. We have a fairly strict attendance policy
of no more than three unexcused absences from the meetings. We meet almost
every week. Students who have school related activities such as an athletic
game are required to inform us in advance if they cannot make it and are
encouraged to come for a short time and to make up some extra time during
the school day as we usually have a mural in progress somewhere. The
students look forward to graduation with the primary cords on their
graduation gown.

Please feel free to contact me with any other questions.

Jane

---