Re: advice on project title

---------

From: knitzber (knitzber_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 28 2004 - 09:36:08 PST

Hi Harold,

I think that the idea for the proposal is admirable. It
struck me,
however, that the use of the term 'unshattered' might be
somewhat
awkward as while the dreams (and the survivors, their
families, and the
population as a whole), certainly should be encouraged to go
on and
flourish, there is (at least for me), a sense that the
devastation of the
World Trade Center and the thousands of lives that were lost
as a
result, need to be honored in whatever the name of the
proposal turns
out to be. There does, I think, need to be recognition of
the significant
change that was brought about due to the catastrophic nature
of the
event and thereby keep the memory of that event intact. An
analogous
reference might be any other tragedy of significant
proportion that is
still remembered / honored historically. Perhaps something
that alludes
to the rebuilding of those dreams or their being
re-invigorated might be
more appropriate. Please don't take this as a negative
criticism at all,
rather just a response due to my own sense of propriety.

Kevan

---