RE: Painting on Aluminum Question

---------

From: Dennis Golombek (dennis_golombek_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 27 2004 - 11:49:05 PST

Twenty-five or more years ago, as part of my Master's thesis show I painted
on cutouts from used aluminum litho plates. The cutouts were female torsos
that I cut from the plates using an X-Acto knife, several blades and tons of
patience. Probable a reason for my arthritic fingers today. But I digress.
I used Utrecht acryllics on the aluminum because I received a grad student
assn. grant and Utrecht had a great price at that time. I believe that
nowadays if you were to check with Golden they might even have some sort of
data sheet on applying their acryllics to aluminum. The pieces I still have
around the house are holding up great. Later I tried aluminum flashing from
the hardware store. You can easily find it at Home Depot.
Dennis

<DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#003300>Dennis Golombek </FONT></DIV><FONT
color=#003300>Lowry Middle School </FONT>
<DIV></DIV><FONT color=#003300>North Tonawanda, NY </FONT>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#003300></FONT></DIV><FONT
color=#003300>http://www.dgolombek.net
<HR>
</FONT></DIV></DIV></html>

dennis_golombek@hotmail.com