Re: two dry pieces of clay

---------

From: marcia lavery (marciadotcom_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 27 2004 - 08:11:42 PST

I always use slip and a lot of vinegar. Something about the vinegar seems to work like magic for me. Marcia

MarshArt1@aol.com wrote:In a message dated 3/26/2004 1:09:05 PM Eastern Standard Time, austart@bryanisd.org writes:
have two air dried pieces of clay that I need to attach to the
original piece - pre bisque stage. These pieces fell off. Can I
use vinegar to do this? Or any other suggestions.
I have attached them after bisque firing. I fired both pieces separately and when my students do the glazing, I have them use glaze on the places of reattachment where it broke off and fit it together. I then glaze fire as usual. This created a secure bond. I have one in the kiln right now where I had to prop up the broken piece to the form with a kiln post. This one was a difficult break. I'll let you know how it turns out next week.

Marsha