Re: two dry pieces of clay

---------

From: Sidnie Miller (sidmill_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 26 2004 - 18:15:04 PST

I've taken broken dry pieces and dipped the broken part into some slip and
slapped
them back together. You only get one push together--no wiggling around to
make sure you're in the right place. It's still a fragile place but if I
put it right into the kiln and fire it, then sand off any sloppy stuff
it's ok. You could also consider rehydrating it--I'm sure "real" ceramic
people would look askance, but if you hold the whole thing underwater for
a couple of minutes, then spray it with water every 5 or 10 minutes apart,
for an hour, then wrap it with paper towells and spray them heavily
with water then wrap tight plastic overnight you can get it so it's
pliable again and you can score and slip on the parts. This probably
fluffs up the molecules and does some kind of damage, but we've done it
successfully.
Sid

# Sidnie Miller #
# Elko High School #