Re: Painting on Aluminum Question

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 26 2004 - 05:56:24 PST

Howdie Joe and thanks Judie!

Yep - that's what I was going to say - took the words
right out of my mouth! Use TSP (Trisodium phosphate -
wear rubber gloves of course). Make sure it is
dry-dry-dry before painting. You can use "Wil-bond" on
it first or I suppose metal primer - but I was able to
get enamel paints to stick just fine. I like the gloss
enamel for aluminum personally. Might even be fun to
do some screen printing on aluminum sheets using some
stencils - even wax paper will work for stencils
(acrylic inks would work - but won't last forever -
gloss sign ink would be best).

Blessings Joe,

Judith