Painting on Aluminum Question

---------

From: Joe Cox (bjcoxteachart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 25 2004 - 20:54:03 PST

Hello everyone,

I recently went to a gallery and saw some paintings done on aluminum and since then I have been looking for information on this technique. My search has yielded very little information. So I thought I would throw this question out to all you knowledgeable art teachers out there in cyber land. I saw some aluminum sheets at the local hardware store and was wondering if that is good to use or does it take a special type of aluminum to paint on. What about sheet metal as a painting support? What are the archival issues? How do you prepare the aluminum and what type of paint works best? These are just a some questions I have but any information or directing me to any books or website would be greatly appreciated. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

Blessings,
Joe Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorermsn.com

---