RE: Email Pals

---------

From: Bueltel, John (bueltelj_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 24 2004 - 12:58:31 PST

Nikki, I believe Judi forwarded my email about a cultural exchange. I would be will to set up email pals with you as I do my unit on culture in art. The unit I did last time I addressed this topic involved looking at Aboriginal art online (I have 8 computers in my room, can bring in more) and discussing how it expressed the culture of the Aboriginal people. The students then examined objects, images, patterns from their world and created their own cultural painting. It would be really neat to have them be able to email students from Australia.

I have 200+ students in art so we may have a few student from each art section communicate with ours students. I would be very flexible in setting this up.

John Bueltel
Art Instructor
Glenwood Middle School
Glenwood, IA