Re: Artist Statement

---------

From: Betty Bowen (bbowen_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Mar 23 2004 - 06:37:50 PST

I've read so many really bad artists' statements I now only read them if I
am already very interested in the artist. The long wordy misty ones about
what a genius the artist's mom thought she was at eight and how successfully
she taps into the swirling cosmic forces of the universe to make her
timeless investment-worthy art really put me off fast.

I have a hard time writing something that I find adequate, so I solved the
problem by making notes about the sorts of things Sid listed and gave them
to an actual writer to compose. It was a collaborative effort, but having
the skills of a real writer made a big difference.
It no longer applies to my current work, but at the time it was great.

---