RE: Artist Statement

---------

From: Jeanne Voltura (jvoltura_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 22 2004 - 12:05:31 PST

Hi,

Since it is a drawing of a classical nude...you should write about maybe
what your purpose for drawing it was...people might want to know about the
fact for instance that you are studying how light hits the human form (skin)
etc...or you are studying the proportions of the figure...if you just like
drawing the female nude...thats cool too, but I always think that its more
interesting to hear what the artists was going after in the style, approach,
etc...rather than I just like drawing the nude female form...etc...Just my
two cents...congrats on getting selected...a very good friend of mine lives
in Dallas...will have to ask her is she has been to this arts center...good
luck on the statement...

Jeanne