plaster and celluclay

---------

From: Sue Stewart (Sue_Stewart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 22 2004 - 12:00:46 PST

I do allow students to put celluclay over plaster masks when they are
completely dry, but the celluclay takes forever to dry so allow time.
Sometimes we just add facial features such as brow lines with it. The
solution to pores in plaster is to gesso everything after it is completely
dry (the celluclay too). The gesso creates a smooth white canvas for the
paint or paper that comes after.

Sue E. Stewart
Fine Arts and English
Sumner High School