RE: teaching tints and shades-middle school

---------

From: Fields, Linda (fieldsl_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 22 2004 - 07:57:01 PST

I do the same thing as Ken. We do value scales and intensity scales so they can, hopefully, understand the difference. I also teach that value= light/dark, while intensity (chroma)=bright/dull.

I also do the same as Ken with long projects-I divide them into "steps" and grade each step plus the final project. Linda in NC